Monday, August 22, 2011

Family is where my ♥ is

So yesterday was Dusty's homecoming and it was SO fun! We had a bunch of family and friends come from WA and Oregon so that was so great. I am so grateful for family and the blessing that they are to me. I really have an incredible extended family on both sides and they are just so supportive and great. 
The Whole family at the Tri-Cities airport

Me and Dusty :)


Molly (and Anneka), me, mom, and Grandma


So I have decided to stay home for fall instead of going to BYU. It was one of the hardest decisions I've made but I felt like it was the right thing to do so I could help take care of things at home. It is such a tender blessing to be able to take care of my mom and to give back so much of the caring she's given to me back to her. I love her dearly and am so thankful for her example in my life. She has taught me so much and, because of her, I feel like I am so much more ready to succeed in the world. She is one of the strongest people that I know. 
So it is pretty nice to kick it here at home and to be able to spend time while my WHOLE family is home...SO FUN. I also get to see Molly's baby (when she is born) a lot more so that's simply wonderful. My family is the greatest
Although being home can be pretty great I've really been missing BYU...A LOT! But the past couple days I've been more ok with it, it'll all work out in the end. BYU is great but I feel like right now this is where I'm supposed to be. Sometimes the Lord has a completely different plan for us and we can either learn to accept it or be bitter against it. Accepting may not always come quickly but by striving to do so we can gain it. Once we accept the plan that He has set out for us, so much peace and blessings can flow into our lives. I trust Him completely and am so thankful for how much he has blessed me with this miraculous Gospel and family. I AM SO BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment