Friday, March 9, 2012

People

It is so amazing how you can be at the right place at the right time. One of the greatest blessings to me right now are my roommates. I think that I am supposed to be living where I am at right now. I think that relationships with other people are one of the most beautiful things. People are important. They are more important than science, animals, possessions, and money. People are important. I am just so intrigued by them. So often at college I find myself looking around at individual people and getting curious about them. Why do they act the way they do? Why are they the way they are. Everyone carries a story with them. We have no idea what is behind the masks that people wear. I guess that's one reason why I love working with mentally handicapped kids so much. I love learning about why they act the way they do. It is so fascinating. When we learn why people act the way they do we know how to treat them. I think that that is so important, to treat people how they need to be treated. To be sensitive to their specific needs and desires. 
We are surrounded by people, every day. Get to know them. Make an effort to reach out to someone who looks like they are having a bad day. Talk to someone new. Look for opportunities to help others. You never know when something simple you do can mean the world to someone that day. Love them. Make them a priority. 
Love,
Abby

 Almost the whole fam :)Miss you so much Mom. 


 Absolutely love them


Me, and 3 of my roommates: Kira, Sarah, and Lauren. 

No comments:

Post a Comment