Friday, January 20, 2012

Counting Sheep

So basically I am getting really tired (get it) of not being able to sleep. I have tried a bunch of different things including melatonin, listening to the sound of rain on youtube, and reading to help me sleep. Yet I still end up waking up multiple times during the night. I guess there are worse things but I really just want to have a good night's sleep! It's been a while! So if any of you have any suggestions for someone sleepless in Provo I am open. Other than that I have been doing pretty good. I have been very blessed with so many things while here including skype, cousins and a loving aunt and uncle, and being able to be at such an amazing campus. But I would like to get some sleep!
Love,
Abby

3 comments:

  1. Look up sleep hygiene and see if there is any suggestion there that may help. sorry you are having such a problem. Love ya Bernie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few things that have helped me from time to time.

      1. Using my bed only to sleep on (I used to read or study on my bed--and am still not entirely against it).

      2. Relaxation techniques such as visualization and breathing exercises. I can find a BYU link for that if you're interested.

      3. Sometimes just giving it 'time' does work. Two years ago at the start of a semester I did not sleep well or deeply for a month and it killed. And then it got better and I was immensely relieved.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Heather. All of those are really helpful and I am glad to know that I am not the only one having sleep problems at the beginning of a semester :)

    ReplyDelete