Sunday, January 1, 2012

Time Truly Does Heal and then some







 Frame that I painted and decorated (picture is of my niece Annika)


 Flowers made from Keenan's old t-shirt. I tea dyed some and used geraniums and beets for the others.





As I was driving yesterday I was thinking about how time really does heal emotional wounds. It's amazing how I can look at myself now and see how much I have healed from losing my mom. I am so much stronger. As time goes by you just kind of get better and better, learning little by little. When trials hit, you aren't always so sure how exactly you are going to handle them. But if you simply wait it out you can find that the load gets easier in a way. I have found that it is so important to talk to others through your trials. If you don't it's like you are trapping a beast inside of you. Talking and writing things out are so often an emotional release for me. I have also found that by reading my scriptures each day I am just stronger in dealing with the pain. I think about her and miss her each day but I believe that one day I can see her again and that this was made possible through my Lord and Savior. I'm not giving up, I'm going to keep going. That's what she wants me to do and that's what I want to do. Life is too short to be unhappy and miserable about something for too long. Anyways, we don't want to be "a bunch of losers" as mom would say.
Love you mom
Love,
Abby



No comments:

Post a Comment